Monday, April 17, 2006

Well, thanks to severe incompetance, my cress developed mould after 3 days of my care, so I will have to start again with something less easy to kill, like a pet rock.
Otherwise I haven't worked very hard, but I have started thinking a lot about angels. To that end I have re-read considerable portions of His Dark Materials and have bought and consumed Good Omens in one afternoon, a feat of which I really shouldn't be so proud since it's keeping me from more important matters like my Part 1 exams which I need to pass with colours which, if not flying, should certainly be coasting on a thermal somewhere fairly high up if I wish to fulfil my desire to enter the academic world. Also involved in my angelic research have been some of the poems of William Blake (Marriage of Heaven and Hell, Songs of Innocence and Experience and soon to include Milton) and Paradise Lost. I really want to make a film of Paradise Lost. I think it would be a fabulous visual experience! Milton is wonderful. Every prospective writer ought to read him before even thinking of beginning. And Pullman too, actually. Unfortunately too few do.....

I also wish to know who Scarlet Emperor is - your identity is eluding me, Sir/Madam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an old variety of runner bean (ref. one of your comments many weeks ago). People used to call varieties really interesting names like 'Bunyard's Exhibition', 'Purple Queen', 'Giant Stringless', 'Bedfordshire Fillbasket' etc. I am sure my identity eludes you no more.

How did you manage to kill cress??

4:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First the numerous cacti, and now cress?! I wouldn't worry - cress-killing by tomato juice was apparently an A-level biology coursework project, so it is possible.

1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home