Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wedding bells

Much to the relief of my various friends, I have decided to stop mooning and angsting over the boy. No more sitting down examining in fine detail every minute aspect of his behaviour, no more 'does he doesn't he?' chats, in short, no more gossip. Besides, I have decided that I am far better suited to celibacy than to relationships. That way I get to do everything exactly how and when I want, which is much better.

So bearing that in mind, today I married Ben, quite randomly and in exactly the way I've always wanted to get married. Wedding photos will be posted when we take some (we don't even have rings yet). All that remains is for him to bump off his previous spouse, using a cunningly disguised giraffe. In celebration I went to Boots and bought some tights, only to be told at the till that they were 3 for 2. Fantastic! So I now have lots of tights =)

In other news: I did some laundry, quite a lot in fact, so my room is now warm and damp and slightly citrusy in scent, though this is due to my clementines rather than my washing powder. I also did some Gilgamesh, and now have an essay to finish. I also discovered that Akkadian has possibly the oldest ditto sign in history! It is really quite fabulous and saves boring repetition of text in parts of the Flood story =D
I didn't get to Sainsburys in time to buy any bread, though =.=

But never mind. The Co-op stays open until 10pm on a Sunday! Yay for the Co-op of joy!

Ceilidh on Saturday next as well. Oh joy!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger RandomFan said...

yay for random marriages :)

6:05 pm  
Blogger Thing said...

you pair are such a double act on my comments page! You must be the only two who actually read this thing.....

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your marriage!

However...no more gossip? humph...

8:11 am  
Blogger Thing said...

Aw, poor Isla. Don't worry, I won't be able to resist for too long! And I'm always happy to listen to gossip, of course. Especially about a certain strong and silent horticultural old bean.....with a certain penchant for aged rock bands!

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home