Thursday, May 25, 2006

This is the blog read by not-Cambridge people (and Isla and Colm) so I can have an exam rant here and not too many people will read it!
*SHIIIIIIT*
Oral exam on Friday, followed by dinner with Saf, so hopefully she will stop me from getting completely trashed, because that would be a bad idea, wouldn't it, boys and girls? I am most scared about the listening exam (impossible), followed closely by the topic discussion (no vocab) and the liasing and interpreteing (not a fucking clue). The only section I feel vaguely confident about is the section worth a bit 10% of the entire paper, which is a whole 1/7 (don't bother to correct the mathematics of that, Tris, because I really don't care) of the overall grade. So that's not really a lot, is it?
Fuck.
Once that's over, I have to memorise ALL my set texts, hope that I remember some vocab for the unseen paper, learn about 6000 years of history and memorise an enormous pile of vocab. And the worst of it is that I actually DID work pretty damned hard this year! So why the hell hasn't it paid off? Maybe I'm just not up to Cambridge.
Ah well. The only reason I'm worried about the result is - well, a mixture of pride and fear of parental reaction to a bad grade, coupled with the fact that if I want to do postgrad, I have to have a fairly decent Part 1 mark. So that's got me stressed. However, if I don't get a decent part one, it clearly wasn't meant to be, so I'll have to find some other dream to hijack hehehe.

Yeah. Stress. Joyous. Add relationship stress - it's a bad time to start seeing someone, this term! - and you have a complete me.

Just going to end with a positive note. My friends are all absolutely wonderful. Don't think I don't appreciate you, because every day I think how lucky I am to have you guys, and you make my life very happy just by being there. Thank you for everything, and if ever you need me I'm here, with or without tea/brownies/grapes/coffee/hugs/MSN/advice according to your own individual wishes :) Much love to the lot of you xxx and thank you! xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Everything will be alright

7:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I book brownies sometime? :P ;) I'm sure they'll have gone fine, some people I'd say weren't really up to cambridge but you definitely don't fall into that category - good luck anyway!
J

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home