Monday, July 17, 2006

Cuteness

Off to Upton House yesterday - spent all my time there sitting in the shade eating fudge and reading my Cubism book. I have photos somewhere.....














Pretty, n'est ce pas? I do like that place. It has an excitingly steep vegetable garden and some big fish. Wouldn't mind living there, were it not for the hoards of tourists.
However, going to Upton is a fairly regular occurence for me, it being near home, but yesterday's trip was exciting for one reason; namely my spying, to my utter delight, this tiny little pygmy shrew scurrying along the edge of the swimming pool!

It's really hard to see in the photo. I'd never seen one before, but I can tell you they are the tiniest cutest little mousey things ever. My vocabulary is clearly not up to the task of describing the adorable nature and diminutive proportions of the creatures! Anyway, I was mightily pleased to have spotted the wee beastie and spent ages watching it while everyone else buggered off to get some tea. Unromantic lot.

The rest of the day involved thinking about doing some planting before going to pick fruit and seeing this sunset:















and this frog:















Sitting here drinking Darjeeling, very concious of the fact that I'm supposed to have started peeling veg 15 minutes ago.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Oooh pretty flowers.

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home