Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another blurgh post - apologies

Why is it that the little things are the ones that matter most?

Today, my other half and I were both at the Freshers Fair with our respective societies. I went down to deliver some flyers to a different stall, and to say hi to him and the other cule who was there. I had been there less than a minute before he announced that he was going up to say hello to his diving friends who were in the same room as my society. Off he breezed with barely a goodbye, I delivered the flyers and went back up as he was coming down. Being somewhat annoyed with his behaviour I was quite quiet, which he put down to tiredness. He disappeared back downstairs and when it got to 2 o' clock, his shift was over, and he left without saying goodbye to me.

Now, I know these are not grievous crimes but it made me rather upset and I've been feeling ill for most of the day through stressing over it. If he'd been a bit thoughtful, he might have considered that I would like to know that he was leaving, or that saying goodbye to one's girlfriend is an excuse to go and see her. He could even have suggested meeting up some time later, but no. He just left.
It makes me wonder how much I actually mean to him. I know he likes my company, but it seems that unlike me, he is happy to go for quite a long time without seeing me. I mean, I don't want to spend every minute of my time with him, but if presented with the opportunity to spend some time together I'd jump at the chance. I'd be happy to see him every day. Is this a woman-thing? Is it just not as important to boys that they see their girlfriends regularly? The not-knowing when I will see him next, or even why I won't be seeing him (because he rarely tells me much of what's going on in his life) is making me feel permanently ill. And that is not conducive to work, which, after all, is what I am here for.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Poor you. Little things can be horrible, partly because you feel you shouldn't care about them as much as you do.
I suggest talking to him about it. He's probably unaware of how those things affect you, but if he's worth keeping arpound he'll want to make the effort to make you feel happy and appreciated.
And that don't worry that you're making a bid deak out of something small-if it matters enough to make you feel bad, it matters enough to do aomething about it.

7:35 pm  
Blogger Thing said...

Thanks for saying that. I'm always worrying that I'm getting het up over nothing. I've tried many times to talk to him about it, but I can never say what I want to say. In fact, tonight I just clammed up entirely and was unable to speak for about half an hour - quite an alarming experience, really! Ah well, maybe one day I'll manage to get it sorted.....

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home