Friday, April 15, 2005

cup of tea?

I have just had an incident with my tea.
It is just gone nine, I was up this morning at half past eight, for the first time in the holidays, and appropriately I went downstairs to make a cup of tea, as one does early in the morning if one is like me. In went the teabag, in went the hot water, and then, being bored of waiting for it, i went back upstairs again to listen to the radio. 20 mins later I remember the tea, hurry back downstairs, remove teabag and fish the milk out of the fridge.
So far so good. Almost anyone can carry out this simple procedure, even when half awake. The trouble started when I tried experimenting with ways of making the tea stir the milk in itself when I pour it. I tried stirring it vigourously with the spoon, before removing said spoon and adding the milk in small amounts so as to allow complete integration. However, alas, I cannot multitask first thing in the morning. As I was concentrating on removing the spoon from the tea and not dripping it all over my trousers, my left hand, which had in its grasp the uncapped milk carton, slipped, unfortunately pouring about half the carton into my tea mug.

However, regrettable though the incident was (my tea will never be the same), it struck me that buried deep within the sad affair was a rather political message. Take the tea as England, and the milk as immigrants, wishing to find a place in this fair Isle. My original idea about integrating the milk into my cuppa can be seen rather like the Tory policy on immigration - a limited number of immigrants, here to perform specific functions and all to be fully integrated into British society. However, add the incompetant left (hand, but also political stance) and you have what the Tories claim will happen if Labour are allowed to continue in power - mass immigration, a complete swamping of the country with foreign immigrants, and a rather peculiar taste at the end of it.....
Though it does amuse me that the Tories believe Labour to be left wing.

Oh, and just in case you were worrying, I'm not a Tory, nor am I anti-immigration. The political analogy merely appealled to me.

Kick 'em out! Kick 'em all out!
(And that includes all the children of immigrants.....Mr Howard.....)
lol x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home