Thursday, April 27, 2006

Prepositions

Awkward little buggers. I hate them. Apart from when they are useful, which at the moment is not at all.....dratted items.

Does anyone have any idea what ladaa might mean in English? I am still trying to translate my text about the Gynaecology Unit and it is FULL (and I mean full) of this blasted preposition, which means, variously:

'At, by (place or time); in the presence of, in front of, before, with'

How very useful. It also means a lot of other things in different contexts, only I can't find the one I need. Gahhhh!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot it's most important meaning! "on behalf of", "for the benefit of"! definitely - i umm didn't just make that up. really.
good luck with your osteoporosis and fizzy drinks!
J

1:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home