Saturday, April 23, 2005

Punting!

Ooh!
Has been a while since I last posted. I have been spending the last few days in a mixture of work and not-work round at Andrew's. Tis koo. Also I haven't spoken to Fan for a couple of days and he's the one that reminds me to blog. So there you are. A complete excuse.
But I have managed to get out a bit in the last week. Admittedly only to Clare College, but it was enough for me and Ben to hitch onto the Clare punt that Alex, Paul and Matt were taking out. This was the first time I had ever been punting and it was FUN! :D Very fun. Except for the time that Ben took us through a rose bush in an attempt to avoid another punt coming towards us, much to the amusement of passing tourists. The tourists also found his three point turn manouvere rather entertaining. We in the punt didn't.
No, I malign his skills too much. It was only his second attempt at punting and he did marvelously well. Unlike the time when he rather stupidly got out of the punt onto one of the pillars of Trinity bridge, at which point the punt team left him there, much to the great joy and bemusement of tourists and students alike.

And so to jokes. Actually, I shan't put any jokes in this one but instead a limerick I picked up off ISIHAC that perfectly compliments today's subject:

While out on the Cam in my punt
I saw Dr Spooner in front
He said "What a day gay,
"For this mime of Tay,
"And make way for my podding sunt!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home